Wednesday 8 September 2010

...fried rice

Poor Stephanie Rice. She tweeted "suck on that faggots!" in the excitement of Australia beating South Africa at some game involving a ball or something. I'm so offended. Young people never spoke like that in my day.

She has since apologised, saying at a tearful press conference "I've learnt a lot in the last couple of days". I sure hope you have Stephanie...

Lesson 1. Don't drink and tweet
Lesson 2. Don't tweet


*Disclaimer: This post may be just a thinly veiled excuse to upload a gratuitous swimsuit shot of Stephanie Rice

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9 September 2010 at 13:33 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

I don't think she's ever 'captured the hearts' of we Aussies even just before, during and after her Olympic victory.

Today she was quote as saying 'it's unfortunate the way my lesson had to be learned.' Yeah, a real shame you got caught out and lost your Jag sponsorship.

My eleven year old read the article and said, "Even *I* know that 'faggot' is still a really nasty word and she's just sad because we're picking on her about."

Quite.

 
At 9 September 2010 at 19:47 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

Oh how we have forgotten (or forgiven) Dire Straits "Money for nothing ... he's a millionaire"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home