Tuesday 20 January 2009

...a pub with no beer


As of 4:00pm Monday the 19th January 2009, there is no more smoking at the pub.

20 hours after the ban and all is well. My vision has become heightened, I have a huge appetite, I'm having to chain myself to the desk to stop me wandering outside every hour or two and rather ironically, I have a sore throat. My mood is teetering between wanting to laugh hysterically and wanting slap someone in the face.

Due to the recent smoking ban, alcohol ie, Satan's Choice Elixir for Making People Make Bad Decisions, has been put off limits for a while until all this new strangeness blows over. So the pubs closed... except for coffee and cake.

After ~20 years of putting it off, I am now a non-smoker! Long way to go yet but "Yay for me" I say!

2 Comments:

At 20 January 2009 at 14:29 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Best of Luck, MATP and stick with it...!

 
At 20 January 2009 at 22:27 , Blogger Terence McDanger said...

You can do it dude.

On the sore throats thing, you can look forward to more of them the longer you stay a non-smoker. My respiratory tract was never as bug-free as it was when I was smoking. Odd.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home