Tuesday 30 June 2009

...ukelele

I bought a ukelele the other day. I've wanted one for a long time. Its bright red, and cost thirty bucks. It's very easy to play. It was either a ukelele or an electric guitar, but taking an electric guitar camping has drawbacks, like scaring the kangaroos away... and needing a generator.

I used to have an electric guitar. It was white and had "Helter Skelter" written on it in red oil paint. One of my dodgy housemates stole it back in the early 90's. I was in a band back then. We used to play for whiskey and beer. We were pretty shit.

.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 30 June 2009 at 16:35 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

It was way better to be a band in 'the old days' i reckon. Was also good if you knew the band as you'd just get drinks through them. Nowadays you have to have an ABS and manager and all that crap. No more free piss! Shame.

So, today's anwswer to your self inquiring query of 'why do i give a fuck?' is: ukelele.

i like it!

 
At 30 June 2009 at 21:22 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Oh dear, I'm guessing Mrs Pub is just dying for your next camping trip!

 
At 1 July 2009 at 09:57 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

At least it's not a banjo, that would be annoying, and I'd have to knock out my front teeth and say "h-yuck" a lot.

(hmmmmmm, banjo ey?)

 
At 1 July 2009 at 11:45 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

wow. you were hardcore back in the day,huh?

 
At 1 July 2009 at 12:52 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

About as hardcore as a soft-shelled western swamp turtle, ie; not very. But I did have long hair, and screamed more, and binge drinked more, and stayed up after 1am waaay more often, though I never got any tatts or piercings.


Now I'm just born to be mild.

 
At 1 July 2009 at 13:40 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

Mmmmmmmm mandolin.

 
At 1 July 2009 at 18:33 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

I bought a Rickenbacker bass guitar when I was a bit younger!!! I love guitars, can't play them, just find them very smooth. And don't start with the mmmmmcrap.

 
At 1 July 2009 at 23:30 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

mmmmmmmy blog, and I'll mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm if I want to!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home