Tuesday 8 June 2010

...signs of life


Long time - no posty.

Blogging really is a phasey thing for me ie, I completely lack the commitment to see anything through…except a large Prawno from my local pizza place… and the director's cut of Lord of the Rings-Return of the King. I'm the kind of bloke who gets a diary/planner for Christmas and writes "Start using diary" in the January 1 box, which turns out to be the last time I ever see my diary.


Oh and there's my commitment to Q and this little munchkin, who has come along to upset my habit of indulging myself in utterly selfish pursuits and generally ruin my delusions of a robust bachelorhood, now lost…in the most wonderful way!



I questioned whether to post this picture without Phoebe Seraphina Richards' consent. I tried to explain to her the moral implications associated with the rise of social networking sites and modern privacy issues, but she just grinned and pooed her pants. And anyway it's on Facebook, so according to reports she is already being stalked by thousands of weirdos and about to have her brain scanned by Google for marketing purposes. Meh. What are you gonna do?


So that's a good excuse for not doing my homework; I've been busy making people. It sure beats "the dog from Pixar ate my post". In fact, she's the best excuse I'll ever have for anything.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8 June 2010 at 11:12 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Awwww all is forgiven MATP.

Phoebe is adorable - you'd swear she was thinking something pretty profound in that picture and she looks so content with herself!

Beautiful face and name and you'll be in love with her forever. Trust me :)

 
At 8 June 2010 at 13:54 , Blogger xxx said...

Soooo cute!

Lovely to see you and your babe :)

sleep when you can...

best wishes for a fun loving time as a parent

Robyn :)

 
At 8 June 2010 at 15:15 , Blogger elaine said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

much of the love to the AtThePub family.

Phoebe is VERY cute.

 
At 8 June 2010 at 16:08 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

Awww jeez. Thanks everyone! I can feel the love, and I'm flattered that at least one person remembers my blog.

I could fawn about our little Mayday bubba for ages, but I'm not going to. There are already tonnes of baby/parent blogs out there, and while they can contain a few useful hints for a new dad, they are also terribly dull after a while.

It won't stop me posting on the new adventure of parenthood from time to time...just not ALL the time.

 
At 9 June 2010 at 05:14 , Blogger Baino said...

Congratulations, you made a beautiful thing and a fine excuse for being absent! Love the name too

 
At 9 June 2010 at 20:07 , Blogger Helen said...

She's lovely! And an extra excuse is always a good thing :)

 
At 16 June 2010 at 17:32 , Blogger River said...

She's beautiful! Enjoy.

 
At 24 June 2010 at 19:38 , Blogger Melanie Myers said...

She's bloody cute. And I don't praise other people's babies unless it's deserved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home