Monday 16 November 2009

...tori amos

Last Saturday I went to Luna Park for my nephew's 8th Birthday Party. As I was waiting in line for my 3rd 'terrifying' ride on the Ghost Train, I realised that the flame-haired woman standing in line next to me was none other than Tori Amos. What a spinout! Q went to see her perform at the Regent Theatre the previous night and gave me a rave review, so I couldn't help myself and told Ms Amos of Q's positive feedback. "Why thankyou! That is lovely. Could you thank her for me?" she replied in her mid-western accent.

A bit later Q showed up and I told her Tori was about, but she said she didn't want to annoy her and wanted to let her have a nice private day out with her kids and partner. But a little later as Q was walking into the Ladies, Tori was coming out, having changed for Saturday night's gig in the toilets. Q couldn't help herself and told Tori how much she enjoyed the show and thanked her for coming to Melbourne. "Why, aren't you a sweetheart!" Tori replied.

It was the cherry on top of a great weekend for Q. It's not often you get called a sweetheart by one of your favourite artists.

.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 16 November 2009 at 20:29 , Blogger Baino said...

I don't think gracious celebs mind a quick exchange and a compliment . . who could?

 
At 17 November 2009 at 10:13 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Awww. Did she rub Q's preggy tummy for luck?

 
At 17 November 2009 at 19:50 , Blogger Miles McClagan said...

Do you know I work with a girl who has no idea who Tori Amos or Amos and Andy are...

It's a disgrace!

 
At 27 November 2009 at 12:08 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

oh well spotted!

Jordan is staying at a hotel near to work and has been swanning about the stores in her dark sunnies, trailing a troupe of bouncers and frantic photographers.

i wasn't tempted to ask for her autograph.

 
At 3 December 2009 at 15:45 , Blogger Femikneesm said...

I am so jealous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home