Tuesday 13 October 2009

...fye-orrrr!

Oh yeah, blogging.


Because I'm an gi-normous dag, and like Leela from Futurama once said, "My life isn't as glamorous as my webpage makes it look", I can cheerfully admit to be thoroughly enjoying the complete series of Hornblower DVDs I borrowed off my mother-in-law.

Bally, big, boy's own adventures, smashing those damned Froggies, Wops and Dagos and blowing over Boney whilst running around with pistols down your trousers yelling "A-hoy!" "Aye Sir" and my favourite "FIRE!" (pronounced FYE-ORR!).

Ball tearingly enjoyable stuff. Scupper me skull and crossbones and Roger the cabin boy. Hip-Hip, Hoorah! Double rum ration for every man (sorry ladies, but only loose women drink). Anyone who disagrees, the penalty for insubordination is DEEAAATH!

Horatio Hornblower fye-orring a canon.

.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 13 October 2009 at 12:37 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

I watched a few episodes for different reason but (blush) have no idea how to spell his name - Ioun Gruffud or somesuch (you know how the Welsh hate their aeious....)

 
At 13 October 2009 at 13:43 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

blimey!

it's the trouser-frontage, Kath.
just admit it.

 
At 13 October 2009 at 18:47 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

wow. do they have to roger the cabin boy?

 
At 13 October 2009 at 21:20 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

Just promise me you don't leave the house wearing one of those tortellini style hats.

 
At 14 October 2009 at 19:01 , Blogger Baino said...

'scuse me . . .I love a man in tights! (prefer one in a kilt)

 
At 14 October 2009 at 21:35 , Blogger Terence McDanger said...

Ball-tearingly good. Holy Lord :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home