Tuesday 22 September 2009

...buried treasure

I heard a song on a promo for a 1980's themed cop show currently running on the ABC.

I hadn't heard it for a long time, but it's been lurking in the dark recessess of my memory ever since pushing over thousands of dominos was an international obsession and Prime Ministers were voted in on the strength of their public drunkeness.

Now I can't get it out of my head, so I thought I'd try to afflict you with it as well. It could be worse. It could be Phil Collins.

.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 22 September 2009 at 18:51 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

You old new romantic you. I loved this when it came out. I longed to be mysterious like the people in this clip and turn to look all knowingly at the camera is if there is some story to this but no one actually knows what. I did ask Midge Ure but he said it means nothing to him, oh Vienna!

 
At 22 September 2009 at 18:56 , Blogger Miles McClagan said...

I've had Peter Combe in my head for a week, how do you think I feel?

 
At 22 September 2009 at 20:05 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

haha!
LIKE i'm going to press 'play'!

 
At 23 September 2009 at 13:09 , Anonymous healey said...

good lord I haven't heard that song in a looong time. I hate you for putting that in my head.

 
At 23 September 2009 at 20:53 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

LL-I read somewhere Midge Ure wrote it about a weird dream he had. Apparently it meant nothing to him.

MMcC-You poor bugger. Is that the Newspaper Mumma guy?

MsP - Sounds like you know what you're mising.

Healey - Welcome. Ha! I got one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home