Friday 11 September 2009

...el hombre en el pub

I'm thinking of a bit of a virtual makeover. The Man at the Pub just sounds too plain these days. I'm even questioning my once borderline alcoholism. I haven't had a drinkypoo for over a week (though I have been ill).

So in order to make me sound more windswept and interesting, with an element of international appeal, I put my blog title into Babelfish to find a more exotic moniker, something suggestive of a more cultured, more laid-back lifestyle.

  • de man bij de bar (Dutch)
  • l'homme au pub (French)
  • der Mann am Pub (German)
  • το άτομο στο μπαρ (Greek)
  • l'uomo al pub (Italian)
  • o homem no pub (Portugese)
  • человек на pub (Russian)
  • el hombre en el pub (Spanish)
  • Ye olde blokke at ye Pubbe (Olde English)

Nah. It seems to me that "The Man at the Pub" is just one of those universal whitetrash phrases that looks crap in any language. VB anyone?

On a more random note, here's a video of a French woman dancing. I don't know why but I find it kind of hypnotic.



Happy Friday!

.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11 September 2009 at 16:40 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

What about 'Windswept and interesting' ??

 
At 11 September 2009 at 20:24 , Blogger Terence McDanger said...

She's a female Jamiroquai.

Funny thing is though I couldn't help thinking, while watching her moves, that she's probably deadly in the sack.

 
At 11 September 2009 at 23:26 , Blogger Baino said...

Your randomness is enhanced only by the Daft Punk soundtrack. @ Terrance . .back with a vengeance boghopper!

 
At 12 September 2009 at 18:46 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

The man at the pub says it all. No need to change.

 
At 12 September 2009 at 19:55 , Blogger xxx said...

mmm... if I didn't have a pending connect four game to attend to I would be seriously thinking about who you could become..

oh well man at the pub it will be for now anyway...
or maybe you have outgrown the pub and you want to be a lad at a club (came to that conclusion after watching the dancing girl)

Ribbon :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home