Monday 17 August 2009

...the man of the pub

What makes somone get an "of" in their name followed by a place name. like Lawrence of Arabia or Joan of Arc? My mate Keith has been to Thailand but I don't call him Keith of Thailand. I've been to Sumatra but they don't call me James of Sumatra, though it might be nice.

Still sick. Tenacious bugs attacking head zone. Swollen, weeping, eyelid. Congested sinuses. Forgets how to blog properly. Back at work :o( Send food and sympathies, stat!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 17 August 2009 at 10:28 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Well instead of Man At The Pub you could be Man *OF* the Pub?

Or, in your current state, Man of the Snot?
Bloke of the Boogers?
Fellow of the Phlegm?

 
At 18 August 2009 at 18:43 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

So sorry to hear that your health is poorly. I guess the whole 'of' idea died out with leading a revolution for your (or someone else's) homeland. Since no one seems prepared to die for Taylors Lakes or Caroline Springs I guess they will have to do with just having a postcode. I'd like to be Lorna of Lyon but I would have to move to France and then slaughter a few of their neighbours and heck, I've got no time for that and I can't even ride a horse because I'm sure that's necessary. But I do love titles. Get well soon.

 
At 18 August 2009 at 19:23 , Blogger Helen said...

Awww, feel better soon!

 
At 19 August 2009 at 10:04 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

Aw geez. Shucks!

I have a pathological fear of horses, so I guess that rules me out too :o(

 
At 19 August 2009 at 13:47 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

yeah. great
i think that's where Madonna and Prince and ummm Justin are going wrong

forget those Single-name-names
they're so 1999.
they need a name with 'of' in the title.

Madonna of TheEighties
Prince of the Purple Clothing
Justin Well Shot of that Boyband What I Can't Recall the Name OF.

etc
feel free to add your own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home