Friday 7 August 2009

...born to be mild

I've never been much interested in extreme sports like skydiving, hang-gliding, BASE jumping, riding your bike on Melbourne's roads or lion-taming, though I've done a bit of rock climbing and SCUBA diving in my more acne prone days... but it was over-rated. I once went SCUBA diving at Port Campbell and it was so cold several of my appendages went blue, but they had a really amazing colony of rusty shopping trolleys just off the pier, so it was ok.

So no thanks. I don't even fancy sitting in an aeroplane, let alone jumping out of one... unless I have to. So I really would prefer a parachute under my seat rather than an air-filled plastic ring with a small, red whistle. But the upshot is that I could play a nice ditty as I plunge to my death at 112.4metres/sec with an inflatable pillow around my neck. I reckon I'd play the intro to Stairway to Heaven, or maybe something by Boney M.

This may be one of the strangest questions I've ever asked but what song would you most like to play on a kazoo as you fall to your death from 30,000ft?

Happy Friday!

Time of post: 12:34:56 07.08.09. Spooky!

.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 7 August 2009 at 16:13 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

The classic single, high-pitched note used in Warner Bros cartoons whenever failed fools like Wile.E Coyote, Daffy Duke or Sylvester the Cat are falling.
This is because despite forcefuly slamming into the ground and raising an ominous cloud of dust, they always survive to fight and plot another ACME-product placement day.

 
At 7 August 2009 at 20:24 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

Wishin' and Hopin by Dusty Springfield would be coming from my headset that has been tangled up in the arm insert, remote control unit with retractable cable that once extended to its full length would propel me back up into the aircraft where I would summon the drinks cart for another mini chardonney.

 
At 7 August 2009 at 20:45 , Blogger Baino said...

I like this Lorna girl. Chardy cures everything. Even Swine Flu. Now I might be a bit weird but everytime I hear a song that 'moves' me I tell my kids I want it for a funeral song. So far the playlist means that I'll be having the longest farewell ever. . .So ranges pretty much from Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" through to Jeff Buckley's "Hallellujah" although right now I have the Spice Girls in my head "Stop right now . . thank you very much . ."

 
At 8 August 2009 at 00:25 , Blogger Helen said...

I would play something like good old "Do the Locomotion" so that whoever shoved me out of a plane would have it stuck in their head for all eternity...

 
At 9 August 2009 at 18:25 , Blogger Lad Litter said...

Easy. Eight Miles High by The Byrds.

 
At 10 August 2009 at 11:22 , Blogger xxx said...

I've got a jingle stuck in my head from a long time ago... it goes something like this ~ come fly with me come fly with meeeee :)

Love what you've written here.
Great laugh for me

best wishes
Ribbon

 
At 10 August 2009 at 12:17 , Blogger elaine said...

Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear

and then I'd cry if they didn't.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home