Thursday 6 August 2009

...randomness

The Moon was walk-into-a-tree-fantastic last night. We had a huge halo around the full moon with Jupiter at the bottom right, the whole lot behind a screen of mist.

Come to think of it, I should have taken some photos, but photos never do these spectacles of nature any justice. But I did take a nice photo of a comet once.

But I can't find it, so here's a photo of some poppies I took in Canada.


Aren't they purdy?

Geek fact: If you see a rabbit in the moon (and I can't) the moon landing occured at the bottom of the right ear.

.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6 August 2009 at 12:25 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

We tried taking some photos too, but of course the stupid flash goes off and it just looks like an old light globe, so we then just snapped away at the dog instead, who now cowers and hides her eyes beneath her front paws.

The moon did look nice and yellow and eerie with the cloud ring around it, didn't it?

 
At 6 August 2009 at 18:31 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

I missed the bit about a rabbit being on the moon. One step for man and one giant hop for flopsy.

 
At 6 August 2009 at 19:25 , Blogger Helen said...

We had a lovely moon last night too, no fancy clouds, just kind of huge and bright and stuff. I tried taking a picture of the moon when i was in the middle of nowhere but it just came out blurry. Even with a tripod nd everything. I gave up and took photos of a gecko.

We should make a collection of photos taken out of frustration!

And I see no rabbit. Or man. Just a springbok...

 
At 7 August 2009 at 06:35 , Blogger Baino said...

Pretty awesome wasnt it. Of course I was stuck i peak hour traffic while my camera was stuck at home!No rabbit for me either but the clouds were making pretty ominous faces and the moon looked like a mouth or maybe I was just over tired.

 
At 7 August 2009 at 08:56 , Blogger Baino said...

Pretty awesome agree, Gibbous or something I think. Of course I was stuck in traffic and my camera stuck at home!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home