Tuesday, 4 August 2009

...the collective

Everyone loves collective nouns. There are some absolute rippers out there, as pointed out recently by the delightful Eleanor Bloom. But what I want to know is what is the collective noun for a group of bloggers?

A rant of bloggers?
A bullshit of bloggers?
A hermit of bloggers?




At 4 August 2009 at 14:05 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

oooh! ooooh! those are good!
now let me think....

a prolixity of bloggers?
a verbiage...?
a verbosity of bloggers!
a logorrhoea of bloggers!!
a polemic of bloggers!!!!!

At 4 August 2009 at 14:36 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

and for purposes of alliteration: a blather of bloggers.

At 4 August 2009 at 19:15 , Blogger Baino said...

Blither of Bloggers
Banter of Bloggers
I don't think I like being a 'Blogger' I prefer to think of myelf maintaining the log on the Starship Saddo!

At 5 August 2009 at 13:05 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Blather of Bloggers is very good.

How's about:

A blabber of bloggers
A blackhead of bloggers
A blemish ?
A blaze ?
Bliss ?
Bloat ?
Blockbuster ??

Bludger ????

At 5 August 2009 at 13:26 , Blogger The Man at the Pub said...

Some excellent suggestions. They don't have to start with B but it does roll of the tongue better.

I like a 'Blather' and a 'Bludger' of bloggers.

How about a 'Baino' of bloggers?

At 5 August 2009 at 13:27 , Blogger The Man at the Pub said...

I like your's too E-Boom, but I'm going to have to consult a dictionary before I pass judgement, you little wordsmith you.

At 5 August 2009 at 14:34 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

i'z bee edjukashunal.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home