Thursday 23 July 2009

...red cliff

I'm going to see this next week.

Its the biggest budget movie ever made in Asia and Johnny Woo is directing. WooHoo! There's nothing I like more than watching 10000 movie extras on horseback charging into battle, and of all countries, China could afford to rustle up a few. In fact, for extra realism I think the battle scenes are actually real...or at least the non-computer-thingamy ones are.

I don't quite know why but I find such cinema quite rousing (yes that's right I said rousing). It's weird how while I am a bit of a lefty/pacifist, I am also increasingly interested by war and warfare, at least in the context of world history. It's possibly the most extreme thing humans can do together, so it is interesting, but thoroughly awful and ought not be encouraged. Make love, not war man.

So maybe I'm not actually a lefty/pacifist anymore. It might explain why everytime I hear Led Zeppelin I get a strange urge to run around pretending to be a viking and feel like invading a small offshore island.


Valhalla, I am coming!



Must be a boy thing.

.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 23 July 2009 at 11:55 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

i read that as 'arousing'.

 
At 23 July 2009 at 13:18 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

I most definately said 'rousing'.

 
At 23 July 2009 at 16:18 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

well, i suppose Robert Plant had to make someone feel like invading Tasmania....

 
At 23 July 2009 at 20:33 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this, not only because it looks like a brilliant movie but because I'm in it. I'm warrior number 243,329.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home