Thursday 13 August 2009

...sickies n' sadness n' stuff


Farwell Aunty June. I only briefly met you twice, so I never really got to know you. I suppose living 2000km away doesn't help. You led a very interesting life from what I hear, and your medical career and charity work shows how dedicated you were improving the lives of others, which is just awesome. It's a shame you didn't make it to Mt. Kilamanjaro like you had planned. I would have loved to hear about it. Kilamanjaro spins me out, in a geophysical sense. A thanks for the crystal decanter wedding present. Even though the card fell off we are 95% sure it was you. For a 'traditional' wedding present, it is actually rather beautiful, and I'm, not known for my appreciation of modern crystal decanters. I don't actually believe in heaven, and I'm not sure they have blogs there so I don't know if you'll be able to read this message. Anyhow we all love you, and your little sister and her daughter really miss you already.





On more self-indulgent matters, I'm on a 4 day weekend. Woo hoo! Only catch is that I'm sick as a sick dog, ie; sick. Boooo! I have a nasty cold/throat infection and a weeping, itchy sty in my right eyelid, so I look like a prize fighter and sound like I've been punched in the throat. But on the good side, I'm on a 4 day weekend, I've stocked up on 'sickie' food (ice-cream, soft drink, etc.) which purely serves the purpose of cheering one up rather than having any therapeutic benefit, so my cup is half full. And I've been watching morning telly, which is bloody hilarious! It's all just a big ad, and is so scripted it makes me want to puke. They're just hookers for capitalism, peddling mindless consumerism. And that Reyne guy (I can't tell David from James) looks evil. All that Botox makes him look like Brendon Nelson. Ha! Take that, strange, plastic television people!

.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 13 August 2009 at 11:43 , Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

I saw Aunty June on telly this morning, what a marvellous woman she was. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

On a brighter note -
please, when you rule the world, would you consider putting me in charge of the programming schedule for morning telly? it's tragic. bloody tragic! i've had it with those stupid bloody infommercials. jesusgod! do we HAVE to have them?

i hope you start to feel a bit better. if the morning telly fails in assisting your recovery, i'm sure the terrible midday movie is bound to do SOMETHING to your nervous system.

 
At 13 August 2009 at 14:11 , Blogger elaine said...

and if the midday movie doesn't, the threat of Ellen and Oprah followed by the bold and the beautiful surely will.

best to the lovely Q and la Familia de auntie june.

x

 
At 13 August 2009 at 17:24 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

For you the telly's been all about Auntie Jane and the other victims of the PNG flight or vacuous daytime telly.

Still, being sick means that icecream and trakky daks are acceptable - nay, required - pieces of equipment, so enjoy yourself!

 
At 13 August 2009 at 19:14 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

Breakfast television presenters are the spawn of satan, try not to look them in the eye (with your good eye that is).

 
At 14 August 2009 at 07:01 , Blogger Baino said...

I have David Koch in the background, my Daughter's addicted to half an hour of Sunrise during breakfast! GAH! So sorry about Aunty Jane, she was indeed a pretty inspirational woman. Very sad indeed. Have a big relax now and enjoy your comfort food.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home