Monday 24 August 2009

...the mating of the wersh

Strange how I like the concept of theatre, I admire good acting and I like(d?) being on stage, but being in the audience of a theatrical production is generally not my cup of tea. The last time I was actually in the audience of big production was a fancy production of Oliver when I was 10. I was bored shitless. So when I agreed to attend a Bell Shakespeare gig several months ago, I did so on the condition that it wouldn't be a bunch of gay cowboys eating porridge. I like the artsy...I'm not so keen on the fartsy.

So on Saturday night I found myself in the audience of a lesbian interpretation on The Taming of the Shrew. Sure the kissing was good...

...actually, it wasn't that bad at all, once I'd developed an ear for the lingo. All female cast, great acting, the wit of The Bard, hot chicks kissing... what's not to like? It's given me a taste for more (Shakespeare, that is).

*I used to enjoy treading the boards back when the Pub was only serving Sunnyboys. I suspect I might still enjoy that type of thing.

.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 24 August 2009 at 15:33 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Crikey, we might live in the same city but be in parallel universes - you were at a lesbian-interpretation of Shakespeare and I was at a school trivia night!

 
At 24 August 2009 at 18:27 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

And I went to an all gay rowing team's interpretation of Shakespeare's play Shaving of the Crew. Parallel universe or what.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home