Tuesday 10 November 2009

...scientology

I don't understand the media's obsession with bagging Scientology. Sure they are a bunch of rich nutters, but so are the Liberal Party.

They say that it's because Scientologists believe in UFO's and alien races and stuff. So what? I'll defy anyone who says that this is absurd, but somehow immaculate conception, burning bushes and boats with every animal species aboard are perfectly acceptable occurences. To me, all religions are equally mired in the fantastical. Scientology deserves no special attention.

So scientologists don't believe in the healing potential of psychiatry. Nor do the world's other orthodox religions. They'd say make an appointment with your local priest, not Dr. Freud. Scientologists are being criticised in the news today for being "Anti-gay". Hello, Catholic Church/Islam/Orthodox Judaism/Hinduism.

I don't care if your prophet gets around on a donkey, magic carpet or flying saucer. I don't care if you worship at your local Scientology Research Faciltiy, the Craigieburn Mosque or St. Loony up the Cream Bun and Jam. Just becasue your fantasies are 2000 years old and have billions of followers does not make them any more relevant to life in the 21st century.

.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11 November 2009 at 14:42 , Blogger kiki said...

someone piss you off today?

 
At 11 November 2009 at 16:50 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Oh no - you didn't accept the offer of a 'free personality test' did you?

 
At 12 November 2009 at 06:11 , Blogger Baino said...

Couldn't agree more. All religion is the same, the imposition of guilt but with different holidays. Just don't ask me to give up Christmas!

 
At 13 November 2009 at 04:49 , Blogger Plastic Mancunian said...

Scientology - I almost got collared by that bunch in Amsterdam as a student.

Yes - it started with a personality test where I was told I was suicidal and needed to buy L Ron Hubbard's book as a start. Fortunately my mate who was with me at the time had the same results so I had a bit of moral support when I told them to bugger off!

Of course, nowadays I would have stayed and argued with the buggers about how ridiculous Scientology is.

:-)

Cheers

PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home