Thursday 22 January 2009

...strange days

On Monday I had my last cigarette after 20 years of smoking.

On Tuesday I was hypnotised to reinforce the point.

On Wednesday morning I watched a van plough into the back of a trailer in the lane next to me. Only problem was that the trailer had long lengths of wood tied on the roof, which went straight through the van's windscreen and crushed this poor chap's head. I was looking straight at him. On Wednesday morning, I saw a man die.

I also saw a black man become President of the United States of America.

On Thursday I had a needle in my gums and then a massive filling put in. Now I sit here wondering when dis fwoppy wip wiw subside. The sky outside is red-brown and I can feel the static electricity in the swirling, warm gusts that seem to be tearing my immediate world apart.

Strange days indeed. Not bad...... just different.

And drive safely folks. Life is fragile.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 22 January 2009 at 23:09 , Blogger Terence McDanger said...

I saw a woman knocked down at a pedestrian crossing one night and I was shocked for weeks, even though she wasn't badly hurt.

Seeing someone killed? Well, I wouldn't recommend it.

 
At 23 January 2009 at 08:46 , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Bloody hell, MATP - no-one would blame you if you took up the 'ol cancer sticks again after four days like that! (not the Obama thing though, that's just brilliant).

 
At 23 January 2009 at 15:30 , Blogger eleanor bloom said...

yeah, my reaction was the same as Kath's. Talk about a test. But maybe it's reinforcing the value of life so that you are encouraged to keep healthy...?

That's horrific that you had to see something like that.
*big hug*

 
At 11 February 2009 at 13:19 , Blogger Baino said...

So how's the hypnotism working. I'm desperate to have a go at something but don't want to part with the kish if it doesn't work.

 
At 11 February 2009 at 15:58 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

Great Baino. 3 weeks and no problems. I get the odd fleeting "desire" to smoke, but it passes quick. Well worth the money ($230 x 3 sessions). It doesn't work for everyone though, depends on the person and the hynotherapist I suppose. If I was to sum it up I'd say it was much, much easier than I thought it would be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home