Thursday 2 July 2009

...rose lady

Whatever happened to the rose girl?

Do you remember when you'd go out in the city on a Friday or Saturday night, and a nice girl/woman with a basket of red roses would walk around to restaurants selling them, mostly to embarrassed looking blokes cornered into trying to look chivalrous while on a date? It was a very clever tactic. I think it was for charity or something.


I think the world would be a better place if we brought rose girl back, (though I'd hope I wouldn't bump into her every time I went out, otherwise I'd be broke!)

.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2 July 2009 at 20:45 , Blogger Louise Bowers said...

She's taken up a job with a Nigerian banking consortium who have links to a royal family and just need to receive your bank account details to give you your inheritance. I guess she needed a promotion to get out of roses, couldn't break through the grass ceiling. Sorry!

 
At 2 July 2009 at 23:27 , Blogger Ms Smack said...

I wonder what happened to her... probably some work force laws said the pub couldn't cover insurance or something.

I still see the Salvation Army people come around and collect dosh though.

 
At 3 July 2009 at 10:26 , Blogger Cinema Minima said...

Lorna - That is sooo depressing! Do you have the spam blues?

Ms Smack - What a shocking world we live in, where you can't even hassle people to buy your stuff while they try to have dinner.

I'm glad you remember her though. I was starting to think I imagined her.

Thanks for visiting.

 
At 3 July 2009 at 11:15 , Blogger Ms Smack said...

I was always so embarrassed when they would come around though. A mixture of shame, sympathy and frustration.

 
At 4 July 2009 at 20:46 , Blogger xxx said...

once upon a time it was the photographer who was then replaced by the rose girl who was then replaced by the drug dealer :-)

 
At 8 July 2009 at 23:42 , Blogger Pomgirl said...

I was once sitting in a pub with a female friend when a woman came 'round selling roses. My friend had really short hair and the rose lady saw the back of her and then offered her a rose to buy for me. My friend was really pissed off because the woman thought she was a dude and I had to spend ages reassuring her that she looked nothing like a man!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home